VMware Cloud Community
MAliff
Contributor
Contributor

Migrate from Huawei Fusion 8 to vSphere

Hello All,

Does anybody here have experience migrating VM from Huawei Fusion to vSphere? Mind sharing the approach for the migration?

For Windows VMs, I can use a converter tool, but there is multiple Linux base VM like appliance and CentOS that require to migrate to vSphere as well.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Maybe I'm wrong, but if the HUAWEI fusioncompute is what I think it is, i.e. it's completely unrelated to the vSphere world, I'm afraid you'll have to resort to the "converter" tool (or similar) for everything.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
MAliff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ferdinando,

Thank you for your input, it should be Huawei FusionSphere 8, Is any tool that you know will help with this migration process?

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Sorry, I misspelled the name of the product, however I fear that things do not change much, and by this I mean that it is not so "trivial" or "immediate". In your place, I would like to turn to someone who has knowledge of the technologies underlying both environments. Having to migrate from one production context to another different one, I honestly wouldn't take the risk of following opinions.

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos
MAliff
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thanks for the advice, will check with local VMware/Huawei team

0 Kudos