VMware Cloud Community
32psi
Contributor
Contributor

Migrate 100+ Servers from Nutanix AHV to vSphere 7.0

Hi All,

We would like to migrate 100+ production servers from Nutanix AHV to vSphere 7.0. Because of the scale and importance of these servers, we are looking for a reliable tool/method to streamline the process. We do not want to manually copy, convert, and recreate each VM. That would be too slow and laborious and prone to error.  

It looks as though VMware Converter does not import from AHV, and Nutanix Move does not export to VMware. That leaves us exploring 3rd-party solutions or some other proven method.

I'd like to hear from you if you have experience with this.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
This environment is quite complex, so the best way would be a backup (image) and then a restore in VMware vSphere environment with a tool like Veeam Backup. Of course this way is quite long but you will always have the data protected.

Another way would be to convert the Nutamix virtualizer to VMware vSphere which is a feature of the Nutanix infrastructure. After that you can move VMs through vMotion from one infrastructure to another.

Whenever you work with Data you should always have the respective backup of all, in case of any eventuality.

https://www.veeam.com/virtual-machine-backup-solution-free.html

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
xs2farhan
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Did you happen to find a solution to migrate VMs from AHV to VMware? We also have 100+ Nutanix VMs that needs to be moved to VMware.

Please share the process if you have already did the migration.

Best regards

0 Kudos