VMware vSphere

View Only
  • 1.  Menu Options disappeared from HTML5 client

Posted May 11, 2018 01:45 PM

Hi All,

I have done a fresh install of VMware vCenter 6.5u1 and noticed that a big number of options from the context menus disappeared.

For example cannot create virtual Distributed switches and many more.

They were all there before rebuilding the environment.

The Flash Client still looks ok.

Tried with both Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)

and Firefox 60.0 (64-bit)

What am I missing? Of course I have already compared this with the official list of supported and unsupported functionalities

Functionality Updates for the vSphere Client

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michele

• 2.  RE: Menu Options disappeared from HTML5 client

Posted May 11, 2018 05:07 PM

To show some examples of missing features commands from the HTML5 client.

they were all loading fine before this fresh install:

I cannot Add new vDS from HTML5 client.

When I click on the vDS created using the Flash client no properties appear at all. Only for the vSS.

In the Storage Adapter for the sw ISCSI one only first 3 options are available (other ones like Port Binding and Advanced are missing)

This is all I can see from the menu on the Data Center level. How is it possible there are so many features missing on a fresh install? Also no errors during the install.

Is there any command to "refresh" the UI? Or maybe is it a case to re-initialise the Database? if so what would be the correct procedure? in my case VC is running on Windows but can only see info specific to the appliance version instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michele

• 3.  RE: Menu Options disappeared from HTML5 client

Posted May 13, 2018 06:08 PM

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Is there any workaround to fix this? I have repeated a fresh install today with the same results.

Also for the first time when cleaning the vCenter uninstall there where some very long filenames (>255) I couldnt delete from the Explorer but the DOS command prompt.

I managed to remove them and repeat the installation of vCenter 6.5 u1 but the issue with HTML5 client is still there.

Thanks

Michele