VMware Cloud Community
Vaulka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

M.2 NIC adapter from Innodisk.

Good evening everyone,

I’m about to make a purchase but I have my doubts.

My Dell OptiPlex 7050 MINI only has one NIC and would like to have more since my home lab is growing. The only remaining option I have is to get myself a fancy M.2 NIC with two ports. It was hell to find but found something; Innodisk EGPL-G202.

I send an email to the sales department from dpie.com and got the following reply; “They use Intel i210 controllers. Innodisk only supports Windows and Linux I’m afraid. Other operating systems should work but if any problems arise, support would be somewhat limited.”

So, what do you guys think, would it work? C:

Ellen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, sometimes it can work but, without guarantees you can't know if it will work or not Smiley Wink

Mark the answer as correct, if you feel that your question was answered.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If it's not supported will be hard this will work.

Also you are telling us that you have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 MINI, which is a Dell workstation so, less options that it will work as an ESXi host (if this is your intention).

So, as a recap, I don't think it will work to use it with an ESXi host, as probably is not supported by the hypervisor.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
Vaulka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The Dell OptiPlex 7050 MINI is running ESXI without issues, in-fact, it is super stable. The only issues I have is that the workstation in question only has one NIC.

Aha, I will not risk it since the seller does not have a refund/return plan if my project would fail.

Thanks.

Ellen.

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, sometimes it can work but, without guarantees you can't know if it will work or not Smiley Wink

Mark the answer as correct, if you feel that your question was answered.