VMware Cloud Community
WhoDeyNation
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Login Message

Author : Joseph Sciallo

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.psc.doc/GUID-7D68C13E-293D-4EAD-B3A7-B0C8A...

Topic Name : Manage the Login Message

Publication Name : Platform Services Controller Administration

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.7

Question :

We have a red square on our login page to the vSphere client 6.7 and was curious hwo to get rid of it. We want to keep the consent box but just get rid of the red box or do we have to leave it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WhoDeyNation
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So come to find out it was our browser that was giving us the issue. I log into firefox and I did not have the issue anymore. It a long troubleshooting issue for something that was out of my hands.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you referring to the Welcome Message as explained in e.g. https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2046347?

If not, please post a screenshot of what exactly you see to better understand where the red square shows up.

André

0 Kudos
WhoDeyNation
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Everytime I tried to open that link up now and before it would not pop up.

I wish I could take a screenshot, but I do not have external internet access on that machine and I can not transfer anything from that machine.

Basically we upgraded half of our system (the system that does not have external internet access) from 6.5 to 6.7. Under the administration tab - configuration section you can add a consent forum for someone to check when logging into the vSphere client.

As soon as we check that box, a red box pops up. If i check off the "I agree to terms" it says - "you must agree to blah blah blad". I figure it was an error box but it shouldnt be there unless there is an error. If you have no idea that is fine, I will add a screen shot when we do the side of our network that has internet access.

0 Kudos
WhoDeyNation
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So come to find out it was our browser that was giving us the issue. I log into firefox and I did not have the issue anymore. It a long troubleshooting issue for something that was out of my hands.

0 Kudos