VMware Cloud Community
claire_russell
Contributor
Contributor

Local Plugin on vSphere 8 - searching for vmware OSGi bundle for 3rd party library isolation

Hello!

I am currently working on migrating a local plugin to work with the vSphere Client SDK version 8 (I am aware that the local plugins are deprecated and will be removed in a future release). I am going through the local plugin library isolation steps outlined by VMWare. I am encountering an issue with steps 7 - 16: resolving the plugin bundles that are in the INSTALLED state.

I have one persistent INSTALLED bundle called com.vmware.sso.client (housed inside the html-client-sdk's SsoClient.jar file) that I haven't been able to resolve. This is the output I get when I telnet into the VCSA's Apache Felix Gogo console:

341     INSTALLED   com.vmware.sso.client_0.0.1.1224116

g! diag 341

com.vmware.sso.client [341]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.vmware.identity.cdc

g! packages com.vmware.identity.cdc

osgi.wiring.package; bundle-symbolic-name="com.vmware.cdc.cache"; bundle-version                                         :Version="8.0.1.00000"; version:Version="8.0.1.00000"; osgi.wiring.package="com.                                         vmware.identity.cdc"<com.vmware.cdc.cache_8.0.1.00000 [168]>

com.vmware.cis.license.client_1.0.0 [136] imports

The bundle that I need to resolve this dependency is called com.vmware.identity.cdc. Does anyone know where I could find this? Or at least a good place to start looking?

Thank you!

1 Reply
bry_tech
Contributor
Contributor

We are having a similar issue in migrating the local plugin and would like an answer to this!

0 Kudos