VMware Cloud Community
LeonardoEngr
Contributor
Contributor

Licensing for a Systems Integrator

If I am in the wrong location please point me to the correct one.

I work for a company that provides our software on VM and it must be integrated by my department to create an appliance for our end customers. We are purchasing our hardware an VM software from Dell. They have included the following option in a quote:  " VMware vSphere 7 Essentials Kit for 3 hosts (Max 2 CPU per host, 32 cores/CPU), 1 YR Lic and Sub "

Will this licensing allow us to resell the vSphere software as part of our integrated solution? If not how is such licensing obtained?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe regular licenses are for your use only, rather than being able to sell a paid-for service which uses those licenses.

Best to check before you proceed: https://www.vmware.com/company/contact_sales.html

If you tell Dell what you're using the licenses for, they should be capable of quoting the correct solution.

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved to the general area for vSphere, since it is not about any SDK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos