VMware Cloud Community
EGS78
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issues - Installing vCenter Appliance 6.5

Hi everyone,

I've installed a vCenter Virtual Appliance 6.5 in my environment, and I've added two ESXI 6.0 to this vCenter. But, since I've installed the vCenter, some issues happened (take a look the picture attached on this discussion), such as: I can't make vMotion between ESXi, the VM creation isn't working, etc. What can I do to fix that?

Question: Should I deactivate Virtual San?

Obs.: When I've created the Cluster, I've activate some features. These configurations are attached.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, disable vSAN, because you probably don't have what you need to use it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You've enabled vSAN, but do you have the local storage resources to use it? Do you know what vSAN is/does? If you don't have the proper hardware and configuration, you can't use it. The one warning message leads me to believe this is the case because it should never have a capacity of zero.

vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vSAN requires hardware listed under HCL and after enabling you have to many configurations to set up. If you don't have this, disable it.

EGS78
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

daphnissov​, vijayrana968​,

Thanks for your prompt reply. daphnissov​​ , I really don't know about vSan. I just know vCenter 5.1 and earlier versions. Question: Can I safely disable vSan?

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can safely disable vSAN if you haven't used and configure it.

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes, disable vSAN, because you probably don't have what you need to use it.

EGS78
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you guys! It works properly! I really appreciate that!

Have a good one!

0 Kudos