VMware Cloud Community
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issue with vSphere 6 Essentials Plus & DRS

Hi Guys,

Hope one of you can shed a bit of light on this. I have a client who I am busy with in getting their vSphere environment configured correctly.

Part of this was enabling HA and DRS. They have a license for VMware vSphere vCenter Server 6 Essentials (Capacity = 1, Usage = 1) and VMware vSphere 6 Essentials Plus (Capacity = 6, USage = 4).

When trying to enable DRS I get the following message:

License not available to perform the operation.

The VMware vSphere 6 Essenaitls Plus license for "Host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not include "vSphere DRS". Upgrade the license.

I was under the impression DRS was included...vMotion is, so (excuse the ignorance!) I assumed that DRS was there too. If (from what I can see) DRS isn't included, is vMotion between the hosts a manual thing, and would they then need to look at upgrading to full-scale vSphere Standard (Enterprise Plus is going to be too expensive!).

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pastedImage_0.png

Yes you need to manually vmotion VM's

Please mark this as "correct" or " Helpfull" if this answers your query .

regards

Gayathri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GayathriS
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

pastedImage_0.png

Yes you need to manually vmotion VM's

Please mark this as "correct" or " Helpfull" if this answers your query .

regards

Gayathri

0 Kudos
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, I thought as much but was looking for some confirmation. Can't understand why DRS isn't included...

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Because in all the years you need vSphere Enterprise or better to get the DRS Feature. Even vSphere Standard or Advanced werent enough. I mentioned the not existing edtions because there was no change in all the years.

Regards,

Joerg