VMware Cloud Community
Ratsr
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with snapshot deletion and space issue in datastore

Hi All,

I have a VMware Vsphere 6.0 Hypervisor installed which is having 80 GB of RAM and 3.27 TB of hard disk.

I have a machine installed on the same host with 79 GB RAM and 2.89 TB of hard disk.

While doing some oracle export inside the VM, VM is going out of space and in questionable state.

I have deleted all the snapshots of the VM, but still that does not resolve my issue and my datastore still has 4 .vmdk files.

I came to know that my VM is also running on a snapshot.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

Can anyone please help me in this regard?

Regards

Rohit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you have deleted all of the snapshots and still see delta disks, try to consolidate.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

STOP! Do not try to delete/consolidate snapshots!

The VM has a thin provisioned virtual disk, which means that deleting/consolidating snapshots can (likely will) require additional disk space on the datastore.

To fully understand the current state, and to find out what's possible, please run ls -lisa > filelist.txt from the command line in the VM's folder. Then download the filelist.txt, the VM's configuration (.vmx) file as well as the current vmware.log from the datasatore, compress/zip these three files, and attach the .zip archive to your next reply. In addition to the files, please post the result of df -h to see the available free disk space.

André

0 Kudos