VMware Cloud Community
Vikramaditya_J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there any option available to change the font (style & size both) for VMware web-client interface?

Hello,

Is there any option available to change the font (style & size both) for VMware web-client interface? By default the font used is Arial and it looks dull and doesn't provide clear interface like thick client.

I am using VMware vSphere version 6.5.0.

Thank you.

Thank you!
Vikramaditya J
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This guide shows how to change font, graphics etc. on the login screen as an example. You can use the same method to change font etc. in the whole UI.

Cheers, Paul Wilk

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Patrick490
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't think you can change the style/font but you can change the size by using integrated browser function to increase/decrease size. Just hit <ctrl>and<+> to increase or <ctrl>and<-> to decrease.

0 Kudos
Vikramaditya_J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for reply.

Zoom in or zoom out the browser is just a workaround. I think the web client UI should have some option to customize its interface or at least set custom fonts and their size.

Thank you!
Vikramaditya J
0 Kudos
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

While not officially supported or recommended, you can actually tweak a lot of settings for the vSphere Web GUI including font sizes, styles and even colors/background images.

To do that you basically need to edit some CSS and jsp files. This page actually explains how to change the font and a background image on the login page for vSphere 6.5

GitHub - lamw/customize-vsphere-web-client-6.5: Customizing the vSphere Web Client 6.5 Login UI

Same technique can be applied to the main CSS/jsp files to change the font used throughout the whole web GUI.

Again, please remember this is totally unsupported by VMware. If you break your Web GUI along the way, you'll probably get little to no support. I suggest taking a backup of your vCenter server before proceeding with any changes.

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
Vikramaditya_J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for reply. But I am asking for change of fonts of vCenter UI (Inventory, recent objects, tasks, alarms etc) which we see after login. I didn't ask for change of fonts of only login screen. Any idea?

Thank you!
Vikramaditya J
0 Kudos
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This guide shows how to change font, graphics etc. on the login screen as an example. You can use the same method to change font etc. in the whole UI.

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos