VMware Cloud Community
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is there an easy way to analyze and retrieve all VM's average IOPS into a spreadsheet?

Hello,

I am working on moving VM's into a new storage platform.  To best load balance the new storage platform, I was wondering if I can run a report of some nature against all powered on VM's and output to CSV or something to sort in Excel.

I want to then use this to ensure I don't overload certain storage interfaces with high IOPS demaning VM's.  Basically I'm looking to balance the load across two IP interfaces that are presented from this NFS storage array.  Though they are on the same link-aggregated 20gbps connection to the switch, we are attaching different file-systems to different IP's as the load balancing algorithm in the switch looks at the mac and ip together to help balance the dual 10 gig links.  On the back end, its all in the same pool in a Tegile all flash storage array.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Nevermind.  I found it in vSphere operations manager under Reports > VMs Min/Max/Avg IOPs 30 Days List View Report.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cypherx
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Nevermind.  I found it in vSphere operations manager under Reports > VMs Min/Max/Avg IOPs 30 Days List View Report.

0 Kudos