VMware Cloud Community
IT_Architect
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is the installation of the license required for it to continue working after 60 days or is it simply to test the full product during that time after which it reverts to the free limitations?

Is the installation of the license required for it to continue working after 60 days or is it simply to test the full product during that time after which it reverts to the free limitations?  It's been a while since I've had to do an install and I don't remember ever not installing a license within the the 60 days.  I'd rather start out with what I'm going to end up with because we just have a few VMs on the server anyway.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For ESXi - if you want to continue using the host after the evaluation period - you need to enter a valid license, no matter whether it is one for a paid edition, or the free Hypervisor.

André

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

For ESXi - if you want to continue using the host after the evaluation period - you need to enter a valid license, no matter whether it is one for a paid edition, or the free Hypervisor.

André

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
IT_Architect
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's what I needed to know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos