VMware Cloud Community
PraveenStreebo
Contributor
Contributor

Insufficient disk space on datastore1 on vmware esxi vpshere

Hello Guys,

I am getting error "insufficient disk space on datastore1" on vmware esxi vsphere 6.7. Even yesterday total space was free 40GB on datastore1 but today i checked in the morning and found only 1.3GB space left on datastore1.

Can anyone please guide me on the same or there any command to rescan/reclaim space without downtime or dataloss.

Looking forward for your reply on the same.

Thanks

Praveen Kumar

Tags (1)
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You probably have a snapshot hanging around that's gobbling up space. You'll have to commit that snapshot to free up space, but you need free space to do so. Your options are to delete things to create space, or migrate something to another datastore.

0 Kudos
PraveenStreebo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have not created the any snapshot of VM's on datastore. I am using Veeam backup & replications tool to backup of VM's to NAS Drive.

Can you please help me on this.

THanks

PK

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Veaam probably created the snapshot, regardless you need to find a way to clean up some space, its not something you can avoid.

0 Kudos
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Praveen. Please take a look at any snapshots in that datastore. You can achieve this by using PoweCLI or RV Tools in a very simple way.

Also you may want to look for Oprhaned VMDKs and ISOs to reclaim some space.

harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

login to esxi host

cd /vmfs/volumes/datastore1

once in the directory

run du -sh * or du -ah

provide the output

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query
0 Kudos