VMware Cloud Community
Ghis1971
Contributor
Contributor

ISCSI connection under esxi 6.0 build 13003896

Hi,

I am trying to configure a QLogic 57810 to connect to my QNAP through ISCSI.  the server is a Dell VRTX and the QLogic card is in the PCI slot of the Chasis.  The blade server see the NIC, I have link led on and activity led blinking once in while.  If I go to my 10g storage switch, and look at the port where it is connected, I can see that the switch get the MAC address of the QLogic.  Then in esxi, in the network card, the card is available.  I create my vSwitch and the vmnic and set it up go to the storage adaptor select the right vmhba go to properties and add the port binding, add the iSCSI server location, close and let esx rescan HBA and once done, no storage available.  when I look at the iSCSI initiator in the network configuration, I see Path Status not used

pastedImage_1.png

I have tried to vmkping the storage address no reply.  I have place a support call with Dell and they had me upgrade the BIOS of the Blade server and the firmware of the QLogic and also upgrade to Dell's latest ESX image on my host.  I have other esx server with broadcom netxtreme II BCM57810 and they are working.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies