VMware Cloud Community
Enigma1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I217-LM slow speed link - 100mb

Im doing some test with old hardware Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1320 M1 with esxi 6.7.0 Update 3 (Build 15160138)

2 nic port on board.

Intel Corporation I210 Gigabit Network Connection - Works fine

Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-LM - only 100mb link  established, cant force to work at 1000 - link goes down.

I'm open to any advice

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
In the Intel I217-LM specifications it indicates a speed of 1GbE.
Did you check the port on the switch where this NIc is connected ? if the speed is set to AUTO, you can set it to 1GbE ?

With the following command verify the firmware and driver version you are using on this NIC, as well as if it is in AUTO (auto negotiation true)
# esxcli network nic get -n vmnic1

I assume you have verified the cable and that it is the proper one, but it is a good idea to replace it with a new one if possible.

e_espinel_0-1626356858007.png

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=37646

With the following command verify what driver (vib) you have installed on your ESXi host
# esxcli software vib list |grep e1000e

# esxcli software vib list |grep ne1000

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
In the Intel I217-LM specifications it indicates a speed of 1GbE.
Did you check the port on the switch where this NIc is connected ? if the speed is set to AUTO, you can set it to 1GbE ?

With the following command verify the firmware and driver version you are using on this NIC, as well as if it is in AUTO (auto negotiation true)
# esxcli network nic get -n vmnic1

I assume you have verified the cable and that it is the proper one, but it is a good idea to replace it with a new one if possible.

e_espinel_0-1626356858007.png

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?deviceCategory=io&productid=37646

With the following command verify what driver (vib) you have installed on your ESXi host
# esxcli software vib list |grep e1000e

# esxcli software vib list |grep ne1000

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
Enigma1984
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh.... you were right... it was a cable issue.... i had no allert with lan cable tester (8 cable were connected) but for some reason cable was the problem. Switched to another cable and now everything works correctly. 

0 Kudos