VMware Cloud Community
vishaln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have upgraded 6.5 to 6.7 vCenter and ESXi host

I have upgraded 6.5 to 6.7 vCenter and (19)ESXi host on Cluster1, any impact if I upgrade vds 6.5 to 6.7

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See here: Upgrade a vSphere Distributed Switch to a Later Version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can upgrade vSphere Distributed Switch version 6.x to a later version. The upgrade lets the distributed switch take advantage of features that are available only in the later version.

The upgrade of a distributed switch causes the hosts and virtual machines attached to the switch to experience a brief downtime. For more information, see KB 52621.

Note:

To be able to restore the connectivity of the virtual machines and VMkernel adapters if the upgrade fails, back up the configuration of the distributed switch.

If the upgrade is not successful, to recreate the switch with its port groups and connected hosts, you can import the switch configuration file. See Export vSphere Distributed Switch Configurations and Import a vSphere Distributed Switch Configuration.

Upgrade a vSphere Distributed Switch to a Later Version

vishaln
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks!

If I do live (without downtime) update the version vds 6.6, it's Ok.

pastedImage_0.png

Getting below error

Cannot create DVPort 19085 of VDS DSwitch_C2 on the host

0 Kudos