VMware Cloud Community
HarryRoger
Contributor
Contributor

I can't run my VM on ESXi6.0

Hello,
I am a computer student I am starting to VMware and I mounted a 6.0 esxi on which I have a vm ADDS but when I put the ADDs on it does not work and it is the same with all nested virtualizations that I realize please help me.

9 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

"it does not work" is not really helpful for troubleshooting.

Please provide some more details about your environment, and any error messages you see.

André

0 Kudos
KaasHarrys
Contributor
Contributor

my architecture

pastedImage_1.png

my vm ESXi configuration:

pastedImage_2.png

and my physical properties:

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
ankurgoyal01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you advice actually what error message you are getting because just by saying VM does not work we are unable to look at the root cause..!!

0 Kudos
KaasHarrys
Contributor
Contributor

it turns indefinitely and after it restart my esxi.But i restart my esxi to see if i can see logs

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, I understand that this is a nested setup (i.e. ESXi running on VMware Workstation/Player).

Please increase the assigned memory for the virtual ESXi host from currently 4GB to at least 8GB to see whether this helps.

André

KaasHarrys
Contributor
Contributor

okay i'm trying

0 Kudos
KaasHarrys
Contributor
Contributor

it doesn't work

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
mguidini
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you see any error messages or anything?

Am I correct to say that the Virtual machine is not Powering on? Is that the issue?

Is this a new Virtual machine or are you importing ADDS from a different environment somehow

Try to open a Console while it's powering on see if you get anything, or in the Events, Triggered alarms section/tab.

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

Are the other VMs that are on ESXi turned on?

0 Kudos