VMware Cloud Community
bomer
Contributor
Contributor

I can not connect to the Vcenter or the ESXI

On an HP host with VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-8169922-HPE-Gen9plus-670.10.3.0.30-Jun2018 and with Vcenter 6.7.0-9451876 I have not been able to access the Vcenter and the Esxi. The ESXI host when I try to log on to the web responds to me "being refused permission to perform this operation". The Vcenter does not even respond to ping. How can I access the Vcenter again? I do not have any access I have already restarted the host, the VMs start without problems but I can not manage them.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TotesHagopes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

At this point, it would be best to jump on iLO and verify if you can login through the Shell, or check the DCUI for network information. Confirm the IP address has not changed, etc.

You should be able to access the ESXi host via the Host (H5) client - https://<ip_of_host>/ui with root. The refused permission suggests you are not logging in as root (my guess).

On the host shell, verify if the vCenter Server VM is powered on with esxcli vm process list (List the running virtual machine worlds on that host). If it does not show, the VM is most likely powered off.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
bomer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm logging in as root. In the shell I enter perfectly with the root user and my password. How can I know the VMs that are running? How could I start the vCenter?

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

1. once you login as root, run command vim-cmd vmsvc/getallvms |grep 'vCentervm name'

In first column you will get the VMID of vCenter VM.

2. run command vim-cmd vmsvc/power.on <vmid> to power on vCenter VM.

0 Kudos
bomer
Contributor
Contributor

Tomorrow I test, but If this does not work, can the ESXI be reinstalled without losing the VMs? Then I would install the Vcenter again. Thanks.

0 Kudos
vijayrana968
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re-installation is the last option, lets try powering on VMs first.

0 Kudos