VMware Cloud Community
andersonmavi30
Contributor
Contributor

I can not add NAS to my EXSi

Hello everyone, when I try to add a NAS unit through vSphere (it does not appear in the NFS option) I thought it was the version of this and install 4.0, 5.5 and 6.0 and even then it does not work or via web does not let me , I already have NFS service enabled on my NAS, try adding a storage adapter and still not. Someone knows how this can be resolved or if this action can be carried out by CLI. Thank you.

Mensaje editado por: Anderson Martinez Virviescas

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BerndtSchumann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you follow this article from vSphere Documentation Center  ?

0 Kudos
HassanAlKak88
Expert
Expert

Add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5

1. Login to vSphere environment and select ESXi host.Click Configure -> Datastores and choose the icon for creating new datastore.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 1
  2. On the New Datastore, creation wizard, choose NFS and click next.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 2
  3. Choose NFS 3.0 as an NFS version and click next.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 3
  4. Provide datastore name, folder, and server and click next.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 4
  5. On the ready to complete section simply click Finish.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 5
  6. New NFS based datastore was created.
    pastedImage_5.png

Mount NFS Datastore to additional Hosts

• Choose ESXi hosts that you want to mount the datastore on. Click Ok.
    How to add NFS export to VMware ESXi 6.5 - 8
  • After few second NFS Datastore will be added to previously selected ESXi servers.
    pastedImage_4.png

For more information, kindly follow the following and don't hesitate to reply and ask.

At the end, don't forget to mention my response as Correct or Helpful if it is !!! Smiley Wink

If my reply was helpful, I kindly ask you to like it and mark it as a solution

Regards,
Hassan Alkak
0 Kudos
GalNeb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am confused, what "does not appear in the NFS option"?  Neither the NFS server nor any of the available shares will automatically appear anywhere.  You will need to explicitly enter the FQDN or IP address of the NAS and the share name that you want to mount for each share that you want to mount.  I would recommend IP address so that there is no dependence on DNS.  Some of the earlier versions of ESXi had some real problems with name resolution and reconnecting NAS shares (hopefully it is working better now). 

Old enough to know better, young enough to try anyway
0 Kudos