VMware Cloud Community
KalliK
Contributor
Contributor

How to set up access to user shares?

We are running Essentials Plus 6.7 on two hosts. One host has 3 VMs two which are DCs. One of the servers has access to the Datastore that provides access to the user shares. I am not sure if this is the best way to provide access to user shares. HA seems to be running but since we only have Ess. Plus, no Distributed Switch or Witness exists.

What do we need to do to:

1) Provide fast recovery to a downed VM, and provide access to a VM that is on a downed host?

2) How can we maintain access to the data if the VM that holds the shares (Windows server 2016) goes down? Do we allow HA to do it?

Thanks,

Klli

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From what you've said:

1. Rely on HA

2. Rely on HA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos