VMware Cloud Community
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to see if update ESXi670-202201001.zip is installed on vsphere 6.7U3?

After rebooting server, finish maintenance mode, i see on the browser for the esxi 6.7U3 Server following image profile: (Updated) ESXi-6.7.0-20191204001-standard (VMware, Inc.)

How it is possible to see, if update "ESXi670-202201001.zip is installed?

i have follow the documentation, copy the zip to server, shutdown the virtual server, set to maintenance mode, install the zip file with the indicated command, then reboot the server and remove maintenance mode!

After this, i was no able to see, if the patches have been installed/activated!

Thanks for help or explanation!
cg
0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If the esxcli command that you've most likely used for the update returned " The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective.", and you see "(Updated) ESXi-6.7.0-20191204001-standard (VMware, Inc.)" after the reboot, then your installation was successful.

If you want to verify, you may either compare the installed packages (visible in the GUI) with e.g. https://esxi-patches.v-front.de/vm-6.7.0.html. Alternatively you may run the update command again, but with "--dry-run" appended to the command line, and check the command's output (Installed vibs, Removed vibs).

André