VMware Cloud Community
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How to remove a Mounted iso from a snapshot

Hi

Does everyone know, how can i unmount an iso from a snapshot?

I issue this command but it doesn't work

Get-VM -name ts2drasv001* | Get-Snapshot | Get-CDDrive | where{$_.isopath} | Set-CDDrive -NoMedia -confirm:$false

it gives an error : Update is supported only on CD drives that belong to a VM

Should I use another command?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

you should solve with the solution in this post:

How to remove the CDROM from a snapshot?

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes i saw this post before, but as you see in the snapshot it does not work work on VM's snapshot

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Your not reading all the comments, you can't remove a cd from a snapshot, you need to delete the snapshot

miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thank you, I thought that the correct answer is saying it is possible

0 Kudos
mikedsz
Contributor
Contributor

I'd guess the only way to get rid of the CD-ROM entries would be to consolidate the snapshots and then remove the CD-ROM device.

0 Kudos
bahamutice
Contributor
Contributor

This is definitely an older post but I came across it and decided to give an answer for anyone else with this issue. If you browse the file directory of a VM you will see a file "[VM NAME]-Snapshot#.vmsn". Download the file for the snapshot you want to edit and open the file in notepad. Going through the file, assuming the CD ROM is on channel IDE 1:0, you will see:

ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
ide1:0.fileName = "[PATH]file.iso"
ide1:0.present = "TRUE"

Delete the content for fileName and change TRUE to FALSE or just delete the device all together. Unregister the VM, upload the edited file to overwrite the old one, and finally re-register the VM. I have UNFORTUNATELY had to do this several times because my users insist on taking snapshots with ISO files attached.

0 Kudos