VMware Cloud Community
xxxmailk
Contributor
Contributor

How to monitor esxi directly?

We have all most two thousands VMS witch managed by the same VC and we want to get hosts&vms performance data used by rest api in every 5 minutes

We've tried it, But that's impossible.

VC becames very very slowly.

Can I get the data any ohter way?

Can I get it from EXSI directly?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If the data is being pushed from each host to your vCenter Server already (by design), surely any other method you use such as direct calls to ESXi will place additional burden on every host each time.

Why do you need to collect that volume of data at such a frequency?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Did you take a look to vRealize Operations Manager?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
xxxmailk
Contributor
Contributor

yes, we want to monitor more vCenter that scale like this by our self system

0 Kudos
xxxmailk
Contributor
Contributor

we want to monitor more vCenter that scale like this by our self system unitedly

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Hi

First of all you should know every solution that you will choose, VMware products (like vRealize) or every 3rd-party tools (for example Solarwinds VMAN) they get the performance statistics and monitoring criteria of virtualization infrastructure from the vSphere itself. Just there is different in how to show the monitored information (Charts, diagrams, tables ...). I mean if you customized the Performance tab of the vSphere client  clearly, you can monitor the VI without require to any other monitoring tools.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos