VMware Cloud Community
adarsh_balak
Contributor
Contributor

How to mark a field as non mandatory in ovf template

I want to add a field optional DNS that will be asked during ova deployment but it's up to user to provide it or not. How to mark this filed as non mandatory , I tried putting ovf:required="false" in the ovf template but it doesn't works.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Same question as in your other thread?

Set different default value of optional dns based on network type using OVF template

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
adarsh_balak
Contributor
Contributor

The question you mentioned i asked since i am not able to leave that field  blank , so just trying if different default values can be put.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It seems unnecessary to have 2 separate threads - please consider keeping all this in the same one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos