VMware Cloud Community
SentiBlue
Contributor
Contributor

How to edit/delete a network in vCenter?

Hey everyone,

I have couple clusters where I could right click a hypervisor and "Add networking..." to add a port group, in which I can specify a VLAN that corresponds to an actual VLAN on the physical switch (already trunked to the hypervisor). While this works most of times, sometimes I have to specify as All VLANs instead of a specific VLAN.

My problem is, when a network doesn't work, I can't go back to edit/delete it. It just stays there forever. When I right click one of those, the only options I got are

- Move to...

- Tags and custom attributes

- Add permissions

Did I do something wrong when I created these items?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

While this works most of times, sometimes I have to specify as All VLANs instead of a specific VLAN.

Not sure what you mean by this. What happens when it doesn't work? What hardware do you have? In my experience, this should never "not work" if your trunking is correct. Can you state your version of vSphere (vCenter and ESXi)?

0 Kudos
MikeStoica
Expert
Expert

What are you trying to do? Edit a port group? What version of vCenter you have?

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

please provide screen shot from where you are trying to edit it

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
SentiBlue
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys.... thanks for replying and trying to help.

I'm running vCenter Server 6.5.0 U2 with couple clusters, each with couple hosts, totally about 120 VMs. The hosts all run ESXi 6.0.0 latest patch.

Yes, I'm trying to edit/rename/delete a port group but there doesn't seem to be an available option anywhere to do that. After creating it, it's just there indefinitely. I'm attaching a screenshot for you to see.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Because those are port groups on a vSS, they are managed/edited/deleted on a per-host level. If you were using a distributed switch (vDS), this could be done centrally through vCenter, but that isn't your case.

0 Kudos