VMware Cloud Community
HernanAraujo
Contributor
Contributor

How to consult syslog.log

Hello everyone, i need to read the logs from one of my vm host, becouse it's restart constantly, but i dont know how to interpretate the information that give me, by example, one of my log reapet several time the message: sfcb-vmware_raw[36591]: IpmiIfcFruGetInv: Failed during send cc = 0xc9, and i dont find any post or something that give me light about that, who can help me whit this problem.

Thaks a lot for all your kindness.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you have specific questions about these types of messages, the best thing would be to open an SR with VMware and submit the logs.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Of course, VMware Server 1 has been deprecated for probably 10 years or so...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll notice I didn't say that GSS would actually commit to helping you with an ancient product Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
HernanAraujo
Contributor
Contributor

Im sorry, i made a misstake, the correct version is 5.5, and i have another problem for open a SR on vmware, becouse, the personal that worked here don't leave any information about licence or a acount vmware whit privilege whit we can to request support, what we should to do in this case.?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

5.5 is not supported, so you won't receive support regardless. If you need support from GSS, you can either upgrade this host (if compatible which is a task to validate in itself) or move its workloads to another, supported host. Alternatively, you can wait and see if someone here can decode your cryptic log messages for you.

0 Kudos
birend1988
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

you can check vmkernel.log to find the cause of the host reboot.

Below KB may help you,

VMware Knowledge Base

VCIX, NCAP
0 Kudos