VMware Cloud Community
Hamid314
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How replicate VM when Fault tolerance is on

hi

my virtual machine was in replication but when i want to start fault tolerance this vm error happening and we forced to remove vm from replication , Now fault tolerance for vm is on but i cant replicate vm because fault tolerance enabled .

does anybody has solution for replicate vm ? is there another way to solve this problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This KB article may help: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

With FT 2.0 the Backup Software can creating Snapshot for Backup by using  VADP.

1. Which FT youre using
  2. What kind of software

I assume that creating a VM Replica at first is the the same as creating a Backup but what do you expect how the replica looks like? A single VM or a FT VM?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Hamid314
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i use vcenter v6.7 and fault tolerance .

site recovery manager v8.1 .

i tried to replicate single vm but fault tolerance is important , i want to know is there solution to Replicate by FT or any backup Disaster Solution ?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This KB article may help: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos