VMware Cloud Community
vinoos
Contributor
Contributor

How many simultaneous network migration possible ?

Would like to now at a time how many VMs (vNics) can be migrated from one network (Port-group) to another network ? Is there any limit to the number of vNics that can be chosen for the movement ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Finikiez
Champion
Champion

I guess there is no explicit limit on this.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If I understand it correctly, then you might be looking for how many simulatenous migrations? It depends on multiple factors, you can check the below link and hope it helps

Limits on Simultaneous Migrations

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
vinoos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, sorry for confusing you by using the word "migration". Actually am not looking at VM migration across host. Instead my question was on any limitation that exists on moving bulk number of VM vnics from one Port-group to another port-group.

For example let us say I've 100 VMs first Network Adapter is attached with Port-group-A. Now by going to "Networking" option, choosing the vDS, right click and select "Migrate VMs to another Network" , I can choose the source port-group (Port-group-A) and a destination port-group, say "Port-group-B". If you proceed to next window, it will display all the 100 ports attached using Port-Group-A . Now if I proceed further, all those 100 ports will get migrated from Port-group-A to Port-group-B. My question is on this particular task. Is there any limit on number of source ports that can be moved from one port-group to another ? I could see that VC handles around 15 tasks at a time for port-group movement and process further from the queue (if any). How many such tasks in sets can be done in a single go ?

0 Kudos