VMware Cloud Community
hgtyfx1
Contributor
Contributor

How can I copy an .iso file from a shared folder to install a virtual machine on a Hosts server ?

How can I copy an .iso file from a shared folder to install a virtual machine on a Hosts server ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Use the datastore browser to upload your ISO to a vSphere datastore, then attach that ISO to the CD/DVD drive of your VM - remember to set the CD/DVD drive as "Connected at power on".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
fatihd
Contributor
Contributor

you can upload iso file to a datastore, just click browse datastore and upload file. Or with remote console you can map iso file directly to the vm but it will work a little bit slow

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

When you install the VMware Remote Console (Windows, Linux?) tool rather than using the Web bases console it brings back the ability to mount a LOCAL ISO into the vCDROM of a VM.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos