VMware Cloud Community
Jeffwb2u
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I add Edit Custom Atributes to a Role

I have a custom role for Junior Admins that restricts them from causing too much trouble on Vsphere 6.7.  But I need them to be able to edit an existing Custom Attribute tag so that we can determine the startup and shutdown priorities on VM's. I have looked all through the roles, but I can't find anything about just Custom Attributes.  Do I have to allow them to edit all tags just to give them access to this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartinGustafsso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is how it looks using the HTML5 client, you can create a new role or edit an already existing one. The permissions you're looking for are under Global.

pastedImage_0.png

and this is how it looks in the vSphere Web Client.

pastedImage_2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartinGustafsso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

In order to be able to edit and create a custom attribute, these are the required privileges: Global.Manage custom attributes,Global.Set custom attribute.

Add and Edit Custom Attributes

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

In this article you can find useful information.

Add and Edit Custom Attributes

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
Jeffwb2u
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had already found that article, but what it doesn't tell me is how to add that to a Role.  I am not sure how I add that privilege to my role.  I am fairly new to VMware, so please excuse my ignorance of how to apply this.

0 Kudos
MartinGustafsso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This is how it looks using the HTML5 client, you can create a new role or edit an already existing one. The permissions you're looking for are under Global.

pastedImage_0.png

and this is how it looks in the vSphere Web Client.

pastedImage_2.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos