VMware Cloud Community
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Host-Profile complains with DHCP

Hi gurus,

I am trying to set my Host-profile to obtain the host name for my hosts from DHCP, and I am getting this error

Could you please advise what I am missing

Thanks

ost_Profile.PNG

Regards, İlyas
6 Replies
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You'll be the man to go : ))

Nawals

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

will you build in a dependency that your host will only function if dhcp is working ? i would not

SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Nope I am trying to learn how to let DHCP to give an IP based on MAC and to give the hostname as well

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Using DHCP Option 012 to send a host name. This feature allows you to include the host name in the DHCP packet sent to the DHCP server. This is disabled by default.

pastedImage_5.png

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Nawals​  Have you ever deployed bunch of hosts and all of them accepted the configs except for a single host didn't accept the DVS configs and comes only with the Standard switch other hosts same host profile accepted the DVS ?

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos
Nawals
Expert
Expert

I deployed and configured but is not like this and don't thing the host profile work like that. if you are using host profile make sure configurations should be identical and apply to all hosts to get same configs to all hosts and get valid compliance. If you are looking for single host not accept the DVS configs and come with standard switch with same host profile, Its not worked and give invalid configuration. In this case you need to create one more profile for that host and apply it.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.