VMware Cloud Community
M4T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon cant connect to view agent

Hi Community,

im having trouble with horizon 7 trying to get the view agent on a Windows 10 VM to connect to the connection server?

on the horizon administrator under > machines > Status it says "Error : No network communication between the view agent and connection server. please verify that the virtual desktop can ping the connection server via FQDN."

I have the Domain controller with the Windows 10 VM and the connection server connected to the domain. and also the security server is connected to the domain. the vcenter is also connected to the horizon 7 without any errors.

I have noticed that if I ping the connection server with cmd : ping horizon.vm.net it doesn't ping so im assuming its a host files maybe in the c:\ system ? 

Matt

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In addition to accurate DNS records and being able to ping the Horizon Agent and Connection Servers need to be able to communicate on at least port 4172 (TCP and UDP will depend on the direction).

Horizon 7 TCP and UDP Ports

0 Kudos
M4T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi ben ,

I have tried disabling the firewall on all servers and the vm but it still doesn't work?

matt

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Do the virtual desktops and connection servers live in different subnets with a firewall between them?

0 Kudos
M4T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi ben

the subnets are the same 255.255.255.0 and the network is the same, as far as I'm aware there is no firewall in-between.

matt

0 Kudos