VMware Cloud Community
AGIS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Horizon View NON Flash based management?

Is there any initiative on a nonflash based web interface for the Horizon View Platform?

By nonflash, I mean an interface that is actually fully functional and will be truly stable throughout the entire browser life cycle.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Alternatively you can try HTML 5 client.

Please check for below documentation.

Install and Configure HTML5 Multimedia Redirection

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

As with other VMware Web GUIs, Horizon will presumably also be migrated to HTML5 in the future. I didn't hear about any exact dates though

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Alternatively you can try HTML 5 client.

Please check for below documentation.

Install and Configure HTML5 Multimedia Redirection

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6
0 Kudos
AGIS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

What would installing HTML Multimedia redirection do for management of a Horizon Environment? We have been assuming an HTML5 Interface would be introduced for View, but I have not heard any concrete confirmation. Also, I am talking about having a stable full featured HTML5 management interface for View. We all know that HTML5 management for Vcenter is not full featured. So I would hate to be forced to manage Vcenter and View from partially functioning web interfaces.

0 Kudos
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Full-features HTML5 web GUIs are coming sometime in the future. For now you can either stick to Flash or try to manage your environment using the currently available HTML5 web GUI version.

Cheers, Paul Wilk