VMware Cloud Community
wseda22
Contributor
Contributor

Help recovering VMFS partition

Hello there. My RAID array had a disk failure yesterday on one of my ESXi hosts. The hypervisor was loaded on that array (RAID5)--bad idea in retrospect. After swapping out the disk, I was met with a "no hypervisor found" message after powering on. Installed ESXi 6.7 on a USB stick and got the host back online. When logging in via web I can see the local disk and the VMFS partition but I cannot get the host to find the datastores that were previously there. Both the "esxcli storage vmfs snapshot list" and "esxcfg-volume -l" commands do not retrieve anything. When I type in "esxcli storage core adapter list" I can see my LSI RAID controller. Additionally, typing in "esxcli storage core path list" shows the local disk but the LUN count is 0.

I have been searching high and low on the internet but haven't been able to get over this hump. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, here is a photo of the local disk. Opening a support case with VMware is out of the question since I do not have a support contract anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies