VMware Cloud Community
elopez10998
Contributor
Contributor

Help!! Datastores are showing inaccessible

I have recently joined a new network team and noticed that there are 3 datastores that are showing inaccessible. For all 3 datastores it is showing that there is 0 space available. I am not able to access the files to delete any unnecessary data.

- I have tried to unmount the datastores but the option is grayed out.

- The storage devices that are attached to are showing 'Dead or Error" as the status.

- The path is also showing dead as well. 

- The VMs are also showing inaccessible and I am not able to migrate them to a different datastore.

I have tried to troubleshoot this issue for awhile and I haven't been able to find documentation to help me with the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Assuming that this is about shared storage, the first thing you may want to check, is whether the storage system is accessible, and the LUNs are present on the storage, and presented to the host.

André

0 Kudos
muakhtar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please check the below points

1. Storage access

2. Network

Munib Akhtar
VCP-DCV/VCP-DTM/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
ChrisGundryC
Contributor
Contributor

Check the underlying storage actually still exists, perhaps someone deleted it and has not rescanned the HBA?

If the underlying storage still exists then check network access to it from the host, the ACL on the storage array etc.

0 Kudos