VMware Cloud Community
CaptainWTF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HPE Custom Image 6.7A false positive fan alarms

I have a brand new ML350 G9 I just put 6.7 on and I keep getting alarms for Host Hardware Fan Status, iLO on the host shows absolutely fine, I've confirmed with HPE Support that everything is fine.

That means VMWare is reporting a false positive, question is how do I get this addressed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
REC007
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello There,

I have faced the similar issue & looks like the issue will be fixed in next release of vSphere 6.7. You can safely ignore these messages.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/53134

Cheers!!

mS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sounds similar to HP Proliant DL360 Gen9 + VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 8294253 = Host hardware fan status error reading 0 RPM ...

Can you confirm that the host has a single CPU, and not all fans populated?

André

0 Kudos
CaptainWTF
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can confirm,

Single CPU and only 3 fans installed.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Your options are to live with the error message until VMware provides a bug fix, or to purchase additional fans.

Although I hate to have active alarms, I think that in this case it may be the best option. As an alternative, you may consider to temporarily disable the alarm until the issue is solved.

André

0 Kudos
DiVaio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Seems that VMware will release a fix in the next release of ESXi in October! :smileyangry:

0 Kudos
Marsy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I experienced it, but the extra fan was very cheap, and not a bad idea so that is the route I took.

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Looks like it is supposed to be fixed in the next major release of 6.7.

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
REC007
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello There,

I have faced the similar issue & looks like the issue will be fixed in next release of vSphere 6.7. You can safely ignore these messages.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/53134

Cheers!!

mS

0 Kudos
DiVaio
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Seems that VMware released some fixes...

Please apply the latest VCSA updates as well as the latest ESXi patches via VUM.

Unfortunately I cannot test it anymore by myself because I downgraded to vSphere 6.0

0 Kudos