VMware Cloud Community
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

(HP 530SFP+) Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Not SEE on ESX6.5 with HP

Dear Alls ,

My server is HP Dl380G10 run ESXI on HP custom  ESX6.5.0 (Build 5310538) but i can't see

(HP 530SFP+) Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit on NICs

I follow with 'VMware Compatibility Guide - I/O Device Search ' success for install but still not see NICS on ESXI

When i used CLI 'lspci -v | grep -A1 -i ethernet' it show as below.

000:11:00.1 Ethernet controller Network controller: QLogic Inc. QLogic 57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [vmnic9]

Class 0200: 14e4:168e

--

0000:b2:00.0 Ethernet controller Network controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366FLR Adapter [vmnic4]

Class 0200: 8086:1521

How i can install correct driver ? Anybody can help me will best

Regards

Bancha

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have a firmware version listed on the HCL? Does the driver correspond to that firmware?

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Sir

Do you have a firmware version listed on the HCL? >> How i can know firmware on HCL?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You just look at it. Use the link you yourself included in your first email. It shows you the firmware version and the corresponding driver.

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I used

bnx2x version 2.713.30.v60.9 but not work.

Regard

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Paste the output of vsish -e get /net/pNics/vmnicN/properties | grep Driver where vmnicN is the number representing the vmnic backed by that adapter.

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sir

i saw interface on passthrough  interface and i select it and reboot on ESX

So i look on 'network adapter' still not have appear.

But now it nightmare i try edit VM and select add new PCI that hope passthough  nic will can use on VM but when i power VM My ESX is lost. and not ping.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're trying to say.

0 Kudos
BanchaTH
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sir

I saw

Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 show on advance config  passthrough and i not know What is passthrough

So when i select that nic ( Hope it will show on 'Network Adapter') and Reboot ESX but it still not show NIC on Network adapter.

After that i edit VM  and add PCI (That have name of card that i try install driver) after i power on ESX HOST Down!!

and now i lost connection on remote ESX manage ip.

Any idea ?

0 Kudos