VMware Cloud Community
moazzam12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HDD High latency

Hi everyone,
     I have vSphere 6.5(Hyperviser Enterprise Plus) installed on Kingstone 8GB SD card for use on desktop,I am experiencing high latency problem which stucks my work every time.

Desktop details:

intel DQ67SW

CPU: intel core i5-2400

Memory: 12GB

Storage HDD(s): 1000GB@6.0GBps+500GB@3.0GBps+160GB@3.0GBps = 1660GB (but i use 1000GB drive with 3.0GBps port)

I also set my PCI latency timer at 128, but still in this problem.

Please help to solve this problem.

Screenshot from 2021-05-15 13-18-49.png

Moazzam
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moazzam12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you @firefoxchris  for the respone, 1000GB (Seagate 3.5 Video HDD) is showing high latency.

But recently, I solved my issue with my friend. It was a power supply issue. I have 350W power supply and i have to upgrade to 500W but I removed my GPU,DVD-ROM,1394 etc to run it.

Moazzam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
firefoxchris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi @moazzam12 - Do you know which datastore is showing the latency? The graph attached was just for the whole host, it will help you narrow it down if you view it by datastore.

Usually ESXi is loaded into memory from the SD card so usually a faulty SD card wont take down the server straight away.

As you are not showing latenct when transferring at 150MB/s, it looks like it is a separate datastore that has the latency issue.

0 Kudos
moazzam12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you @firefoxchris  for the respone, 1000GB (Seagate 3.5 Video HDD) is showing high latency.

But recently, I solved my issue with my friend. It was a power supply issue. I have 350W power supply and i have to upgrade to 500W but I removed my GPU,DVD-ROM,1394 etc to run it.

Moazzam
0 Kudos