VMware Cloud Community
Iemartinez
Contributor
Contributor

Guest operating system has crashed trying vMotion

I have  50 vm's  running in a vSphere 7.0.2 version, and the vMotion tool is automatic.. but for some reason every 2 weeks ( more or less) 1 or 2 VM get OS crashed so I need to reboot them manually in order to start again and that works..

The Health status is in good  status, and I am up to date in the vmware tools for the VM

• CPUFree: 344.52 GHz

Used: 26.52 GHzCapacity: 371.04 GHz
  • MemoryFree: 1.67 TB

Used: 589.16 GBCapacity: 2.24 TB
  • StorageFree: 59.45 TB

Used: 31.77 TBCapacity: 91.22 TB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ObjectifDubai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you tell us more. Do you have any error messages in the VMware console?
What is the type of hypervisor (HPE, DELL etc...) and virtual machine (Windows, Linux, Redhat 7, 8 etc...)?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Iemartinez
Contributor
Contributor

The issue is on the vSphere client with a Hypervisor: VMware ESXi, 7.0.2, 17867351 Model: PowerEdge R640 We have 53 Virtual Servers different OS ( Win Servers 2012 R2, Win Servers 2016 and Win Servers 2019). And this issue happens some times at 1 or 2 Vms every 2 or 3 weeks is not at the same time or during the weekend and are not the same VM every time... So I read I needed to have up to date the VMware tool so I sent this  pending update  like a month ago to all virtual servers.. but I the issue happens again. Today was critical because today affected my 2 AD Servers so I need to know how I can stop happening again in the future.

I attach the Event registered in the vSphere with the alert error 

0 Kudos
RichardCaceres
Contributor
Contributor

Nos acaba de pasar lo mismo en una de nuestras plataformas, 38 Host  920 VM 13 afectadas, todas Windows en un mismo Host.

0 Kudos