VMware Cloud Community
kesmgr
Contributor
Contributor

Guest OS - Windows servers are getting Slow

All guest Windows servers are getting slow and performance of the servers also come down

I checked utilization of CPU and RAM  it is not crossing 50 %.

all Windows server patches are up to date.

Host Operating system is VMware VSphere 6.7 version.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Please create threads in the area for the product you are using, Thread moved to the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What do you mean by “slow” exactly?

What level are you monitoring the CPU and memory, your host resources or your guest OS?

The obvious resource to check if you are sure it‘s not CPU or memory is disk, but you don’t offer any clues as to what sort of applications or services you run in your VMs.    

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet

As Scott said, please elaborate more about the slow factor.

Also, just to check, are VMware tools installed/updated on the server?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos