VMware Cloud Community
aseem_rai
Contributor
Contributor

Getting Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream on connecting via vsphere windows client 6.5

hi

When i am trying to login via vsphere 6.5 client to my ESXi running 6.7 version , i am getting below error

" The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.)"

On opening the vmx log file i see this

[        :startup :W: 1] 2018-05-07 00:49:22.923  Log for vSphere Client Launcher, pid=1124, version=6.0.0, build=build-5112508, option=release

[        :Failed t:P: 3] 2018-05-07 00:49:32.423  System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Server stack trace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebDownload.GetResponse()

System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

[        :Error   :P: 3] 2018-05-07 00:49:32.423  possible failure processing clients.xml

System.Net.WebException: The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebQuery.LocalizeWebException(WebException exception)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebQuery.Request(String url, Nullable`1 timeoutSecs)

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.ClientsXml.ParseXml(Int32 timeoutSecs)

at VpxClient.Login.ClientsXmlLoader.TrySinglePort(ClientsXml clientXml, Exception& activeError)

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebDownload.GetResponse()

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebDownload.get_ResponseStream()

at VirtualInfrastructure.Utils.WebQuery.Request(String url, Nullable`1 timeoutSecs)

System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

[        :Error   :M: 1] 2018-05-07 00:49:32.486  Error retrieving clients.xml

Exception already logged, summary: System.Net.WebException:The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.)

I am running windows 7 Ultimate and facing this problem with the root user as well ( which has Administrator privileges ) .

Thanks

Aseem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You're using the old Windows-based vSphere Client (C#) of version 6.0 which no longer works when connecting to 6.5 up to or past U1 or 6.7. The only way forward is to use the ESXi embedded host client accessible at https://<FQDN>/ui.

0 Kudos