VMware Cloud Community
EmmlKay
Contributor
Contributor

Finding and changing VCenter IP Address from ESXi Host

Hello, I just received two severs with ESXi installed and VMs created which were already configured and clustered. There were running in my old location and i am configuring them with a new IP addresses in a new location.

I didn't know the VCenter IP address but have configured the two Host with new managed IP addresses. I am able to connect to VMware ESXi  through the browser on both servers with the new IP addresses.

Is there a way to determine the IP address of the VCenter that was previously configured and also to change it so that i can connect to the VCenter and possibly rejoin them?

Labels (1)
  • o

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As your post needs moving to the area for vSphere, I have reported it to the moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Discovering the IP address of the vCenter object is quite simple, just connect to the host system on which it is located and then turn on the corresponding virtual machine, then the VCSA console will shows the configured IP address. That said, it seems unlikely that you don't know what the VCSA configured IP address was, otherwise how did you access it from the beginning?

Regards,
Ferdinando

0 Kudos