VMware Cloud Community
LampardLoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to retrieve OVF environment sections for VM ' VM_name' from extension vService Manager

I meet an issue that after deploying OVF an .ova file to my ESXI 8.0 (8.0.2) hosts. It's always hung and take about 1hr-2hrs to Power On or revert a snapshot. Note that it didn't happen:

• With ESXI 7.0/6.5 previously.
  • With a new VM created by "New Virtual Machine" instead of Deploy OVF Template.
Hypervisor:VMware ESXi, 8.0.2, 22380479
Model:PowerEdge R740
Processor Type:Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6230 CPU @ 2.10GHz
Logical Processors:80
NICs:4
Virtual Machines:16

I've attached some screenshots of the failure and my vCenter info. Any advice/solution is appreciate.

Thanks,

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JoeHFT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Work around is to restart the vService Manager service in vCenter, either via CLI or 5480.  We are experiencing this issue since upgrading to vCenter 8 U2a 22617221.  We are opening a ticket with support so they are aware.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoeHFT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Work around is to restart the vService Manager service in vCenter, either via CLI or 5480.  We are experiencing this issue since upgrading to vCenter 8 U2a 22617221.  We are opening a ticket with support so they are aware.

LampardLoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh tks a lot. Let me try that way to see if it help.

0 Kudos
LampardLoi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tks for your info. Actually, the error mesage is slightly different but seema that the root cause is similar. I'll try tobsee if it works. 

0 Kudos