VMware Cloud Community
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Failed Deploy VM from Content Library

I have a Content Library in my primary vCenter. A Content Library in my secondary vCenter subscribes to the one in the Primary. I use the libraries to sync VM templates (13 in total) between the two vCenters. Both vCenters were recently upgraded to version 6.7u1.

The templates are failing to deploy into the secondary vCenter from the respective Content Library. They present the same warning during the deployment process.....

pastedImage_1.png

The OVF package contains advanced configuration options, which might pose a security risk. Review the advanced configuration options below. Click next to accept the advanced configuration options.

virtualHW.productCompatibility = hosted

nvram = ovf:/file/file2

Though the deployment process starts, it eventually fails...

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Taking a hint from this post (https://virtualnomadblog.com/2018/07/26/vsphere-6-5-failed-to-deploy-ovf-package-from-the-content-li... ), I've resolved this problem.

When cloning the template to the Content Library in the primary vCenter, I selected "Include extra configuration". By default this is not checked.

pastedImage_2.png

After the template syncs to the secondary vCenter's Content Library, it deploys successfully into the vCenter. There is still a warning during deployment, though its little different (more extra configurations). I don't know why checking that box resolved the problem, but it does.

pastedImage_3.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply
nmanm0305
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Taking a hint from this post (https://virtualnomadblog.com/2018/07/26/vsphere-6-5-failed-to-deploy-ovf-package-from-the-content-li... ), I've resolved this problem.

When cloning the template to the Content Library in the primary vCenter, I selected "Include extra configuration". By default this is not checked.

pastedImage_2.png

After the template syncs to the secondary vCenter's Content Library, it deploys successfully into the vCenter. There is still a warning during deployment, though its little different (more extra configurations). I don't know why checking that box resolved the problem, but it does.

pastedImage_3.png