VMware Cloud Community
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Exported ovf from esxi 6.0, trying to import to esxi 6.0 Fails everytime

We currently have esxi 6.0 servers in a different location (thousand miles away) with approx. 20+ vm's.  Using a VNC connection I was able to export the VM's onto an external drive and the vendor brought the drive onsite.  I'm trying to import  and am having no luck except with 4 of them.  4 imported fine.. the rest sometimes just blue screen when start up, don't import at all, I've tried the OVF tool and get no manifest file found, Wrong file size specified in OVF descriptor for 'disk-0.vmdk, disk-1.vmdk, disk-2.vmdk.

I've tried every browser, Edge, Chrome, Firefox.

I have mainly esxi 6.7 servers, but kept 2 esxi 6.0 hosts for this reason.  VCSA is 6.7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Have you tried deploying OVF directly through ESXi, not through vCenter ?

Sometimes, it works so would recommend if not already tried.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

What is your VMs guest OS version?

Why you don't try a VM backup solution for your purpose? (or even replication if it's possible in your environment)?

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
chill
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello, I have tried deploying directly through ESXi.  I was successful with 4 of the systems...but not the remaining ones.

If you find this information helpful or correct, please consider awarding points.
0 Kudos