VMware Cloud Community
DMWayne
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude VMs from Certain Cluster Alerts

We have a Cluster alert that sends a team an email about VMs that have large snapshots. However, we use Veeam to do a few VM Replication to particular host that is of course done by snapshots. Is there any way that I can exclude these replicated VM, that creates large snapshots on VMs that are powered off unless a failover is done. I have tried to rebuild my "Large Snapshot alert" to only include Powered On VMs, but the alert will not except those setting even thought it gives the option of "VM State" as an additional trigger. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

I doubt this is possible. Let me test this on a lab and  report back

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@DMWayne 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DMWayne
Contributor
Contributor

Also, another note of my attempts at what appears to be an option: The right clicking on a VM and selecting the Alarms -> Disable Alarm Actions seem to have absolutely no affect on anything. This use to be fairly easy to do in previous versions that I recall. I could enable/disable an alarm at the root, and then enable/disable it on particular VMs or Folders. Why would they take away this flex ability, or maybe I am mistaken that is the way it use to work. I do now this is how I use to fix the High Memory alerts on VMs that I expected high memory use.

0 Kudos