VMware Cloud Community
HWLE
Contributor
Contributor

Exchange 2016 - Vsphere 6.0 delay allocate resource

Hi All

We have 4 vmware hosts and not running cluster, we have 4 Exchange 2016 servers and span across 4 hosts (Exchange 1 stay in vmware host 1)

Upon checking current resource allocation, we are not overcommiting the resource or under any stress at all

Recently we have experienced issue where the mailbox database fail over and the one who design our Exchange environment complaining about the vmware is not quick enough to allocate memory/CPU to Exchange servers. He recommend to set the resource share value to High and set CPU and Memory reservation to 8 vCPU and 32 GB of RAM

Currently Exchange server have been allocated 8 vCPU and 32 GB of RAM

Each of our vmware host have 48 logical processors and 380 GB of RAM

Currently it allocated 280GB of RAM and 67 vCPU to clients (this is the most busy vmware host, other vmware host have more available resource)

I just wonder if any vmware command line can verify the delay of allocating resource to client that may cause issue of server does not have enough memory or CPU at this time and hang causing DAG to fail over database to other server? Before doing reservation and set share value to High I would like to understand if this is the real problem

I have checked very careful and nothing with our Exchange, in event log it simply say fail over database

0 Kudos
0 Replies