VMware Cloud Community
anthonygm
Contributor
Contributor

Evaluation Mode V7 and Assign License Recently Purchased

Hi Folks,

We recently purchased DELL servers off a supplier, and they had loaded vSphere V7 on the servers.

We have recently purchased the Essentials Kit V8 (3 X 2 CPUs), but when we go to assign licenses within the vSphere Host manage area (assign license) each of the servers fails to see the license as a valid license.

Is it because we need to have access to the evaluation mode download?

Or the Version is a lower version to our actual license and we have to upgrade first?

Thank you

Anthony M
Ozetel

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sounds like you need to downgrade your licenses to v7: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81665

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
anthonygm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you 

Strangely, the next issue - I cannot see 'Accounts' in the Products and Accounts menu in Customer Connect - there is no section to get to the license.

I can only see the license information in the VMWare Store website.

Thank you

0 Kudos
anthonygm
Contributor
Contributor

Extra note -

I purchased the License for Essentials Kit via the store website store-au.vmware.com/
I can see the order information there......

I go across to the Customer Connect website, customerconnect.vmware.com - but when I click on Products and Accounts menu at the top of the screen, there is only Products information - nothing about Accounts and thus nothing abut my new license to access and downgrade.

Am I missing something? A little frustrating I must say....

0 Kudos
anthonygm
Contributor
Contributor

After some more digging...

I can see that the Account Number shown against the License (found in the license tool tracker on main vmware site) - the account number mentioned in the 'Account Column' of the License appears to be different then the account number in the profile page of my Customer Connect login.

Could this be an issue as to why I cannot find the license in Customer Connect to then access via Products and Accounts >>> Accounts (which is not there in my Customer Connect Login), to downgrade the license?

Thank you anyone who may have hit this issue.

0 Kudos
Habib_USA
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue as @anthonygm 

Can someone please assist, thanks in advance

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.

Please review the following link

link: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2033704

If you used another user (by mistake) for the purchase of the licenses, you should write an email to VMware customer service to help you with the transfer of the licenses to the (correct) user you require, they will ask you for several documents proving the purchase and the right to these licenses

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
anthonygm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, appreciate.

Can you provide me the email that I need to send to please?

– it is just so difficult to find the right contact and I even rang the 1800 number for Australia and effectively just told me to hang up and go back to the website, quite frustrating.

I really don't know that I have two accounts to start with so I have no idea where this account numbers come from.

Thank you

0 Kudos