VMware Cloud Community
henSupport
Contributor
Contributor

Esxi web console stopped working and now I cannot access the server. (self.vmware)

I am not sure what to do, yesterday one of the guy accidentally turned off a setting in the firewall (He turned off one of the Windows Defender firewall setting), after that the web console crashed and now whenever we try to access the web console it gives out

"This site can’t be reached".

Try:

The server shared drive is still accessible and I can still ping the server. I am not sure how I can vnc into the server and re-enable the firewall setting. Is there anything I can do? I have access to the physical server itself.

1. I tried SSH but It still does not work (SSH is enabled and and I can verify by the server console) (Error: Connection was reset).

2. I tried VSphere client to access but it does not work (VSphere client could not connect to "IP", an Unknown connection error occurred. (The client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.))

The server is still pingable and I can access share drive. I am not sure what to do anymore.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Can you access the ESXi locally ?

if yes - then start with enabling ssh and localcli

0 Kudos